Products Attributes or options (sizes, colors etc)
This area of the catalog configuration is where you customize the attributes of your products. If you need to have different sizes, options, colors, and have different prices for each option, you have the ability to set this here. When you first look at the Products Attributes section, it can look a bit osCommercecomplicated. The base WPOLS installation includes default attributes.
On the main attributes page, you will see 3 sections, Product Options, Option
Values, and Products Attributes. Below, each section is described to help you
- Product Options: This section is where you create the options that you will need available for your products. This can be whatever you need, size, color, model, version, or whatever else you need. Creating options is very easy, just type the name of the option in the text box and click the 'insert' button. This creates a master options list, but does not assign values to those options. That is done in the next step.
- Option Values: This section is the place to actually assign values to your options. This is a simple process as well. You will see a dropdown box with the options you created. Select the option you want from the dropdown, then type the value you want to assign in the text box next to it, and click 'insert.' That creates a value that is assigned to that particular option. Repeat this for all values that you will need.
- Products Attributes: This section is where you actually assign the options that you have created, to your products. You will see a series of dropdown boxes. The first box contains all your products in your store. Select the product that you would like to set attributes for. The next box contains all the options that you have set, so select the option you want to add to the product. Then, in the next dropdown, select the value that you want to assign to the option. The next box is not a dropdown, but a text box. Enter the monetary value of the option, and in the final box, place a + or a - sign. This value determines whether WP Online Store will add or subtract the value of the attribute from the base product cost. Finally, click the insert button, and the attribute will be assigned to the product.
Setting up one or more attributes.
First, you would setup the "Option Name" (under "Product Options" at the top left). Using shirts as an example you would have at least 2 "Option Names", color and size.
Next, you will setup your "Option Values" (under "Option Values" at the top right). In this section you will see a box that shows the "Option Names" that you have already setup. You have color setup as an "Option Name" so make sure color is in this box. Then, to the right of that box is a blank box where you type in one of your colors. Do this for each color and then do this again for each size. Make sure you associate and "Option Value" (red, white, blue) with an "Option Name" (color, size, etc.).
Now, you are ready to start adding options to your products.
Under the "Products Attributes" section at the bottom you will see a drop down box listing all of your products that you have already put into your store. Choose a product in the drop down menu and add your attributes.
A price can be either increased or decreased from the "base" price of the product. This can be set by putting an amount in the "Value Price" box and choosing a "plus" or a "minus" sign in the "Price Prefix" drop down menu. If the price stays the same on each attribute then leave the "Value Price" box blank.
- size = medium = 10.00 (this is the regular price so no need to put a price in the "price box"
- size = small = 8.00 (put 2.00 - (this is $2 with a "minus" sign from the base price of $10.00)
- size = large = 12.00 (put 2.00 + (this is $2 with a "plus" sign from the base price of $10.00)
The bottom "Products Attributes" section is the area to setup any downloadable products like eBooks, etc.